[1.3.3087] Variable names displayed in quest description text

Started by TenNineAce, August 17, 2021, 07:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TenNineAce

As you can see in the screenshot, the game is displaying variable names instead of the intended information for this one quest (others are fine).

It may be worth mentioning that the faction listed at the bottom, Ineralior, was not one of the original world factions: it was a temporary beggar group that I betrayed (I believe one of them escaped alive). Their name is still in the faction list. I'm wondering if the game attempted to use a 'temporary' faction in an unexpected place and caused this issue. Or it could be that I killed their leader, and as a minor faction they never got a new one.

I have Royalty and Ideology installed and no mods. I can't say how one would go about reproducing this, but I have included the log (although it basically only says I couldn't connect to steam, which I often close). My save file is too big to post even zipped, is there any other way I can provide it?

I'm a little concerned that accepting this quest might cause undefined behavior, thoughts?

TenNineAce

Update: The quest seemed to be going normally, until this message appeared instead of "terminal hacking completed."

TenNineAce

Well... I explored the whole complex and found and hacked 3 terminals... it told me I'd hacked all of them, so I left... but the quest is still marked as active. I fear I may never get the Venerated Poleshadow :(

Pheanox

Can you please upload a save game of this issue on a place like dropbox or google drive and link here (with access)?  Really digging in to the save is whats best for trying to tackle these quests that pop up with generic tags like this.