Hairtrigger Abe

Started by Bodhran777, September 21, 2021, 01:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bodhran777

So, this relates a bit to a bug I recently posted, but the story is, at least to me, a bit funny cuz I've never seen anything like it.

My current group of medieval-era colonists started by finding themselves in a jungle riddled with marshes and a near constant rain that has so far let up only to accommodate a single flashstorm (which burned down a quarter of the jungle before the rain came back).  The whole time, the leader, Abe, was walking around working and getting soaked in his heavy plate armor.  Poor Abe was doing it all, and was in a perpetual bad mood from being soaked, rec deprived, and sleepy due to the amount of work to do.  As time went on, Abe had a few mental breaks and would wander aimlessly.

Well, during one of Abe's wanderings, the group got warned of an incoming raid from the south that would be coming immediately.  Naturally, all the fighters rushed to the barricades, swords up front, archers behind.  In comes running...

One guy with a knife...

Ok, I think we can handle this, I think, as the lonesome dude comes charging in like he's already won.  Meanwhile, Abe has finally snapped out of his dazed wandering and has decided to grab his longsword and join the barricade just in time.  However, before even the archers can knock arrows, Abe decides he's about done with today and attacks...

...by firing in the ballpark of 50 mini-turret rounds in an "accuracy-by-quantity" sorta way.

And yes, I'm aware this is likely a bug or weird mod interaction but it caught me off guard and I couldn't stop laughing as the poor attacker got insta-killed by Abe's gatling-sword.  Then, before the smoke even settled, Abe had yet another mental break and went wandering again due to being soaked.

So now we possess a new knife and a small bale of herbal meds, and a new fear/respect for Abe's steel longsword.

Thanks Abe.