Take the war to your enemies door step.

Started by The Outsider, August 16, 2014, 09:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Outsider

I'm not sure if this has been suggested before, but wouldn't it be fun if you could take an elite squad of your best colonist to your enemies base and siege it, take there resources and people. Much like they do you? Maybe you have a airship or something that holds you're current loot and prisoners.

litlbear

Tynan is very creative, i'm sure he'll do it eventually.
yes

BetaSpectre

Yeah most people want this to be implemented.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

TL_ARMY

AlcoholicO

With the new Planet map, the other towns or pirate hang outs could be placed with distance to your own colony and e.g. gasoline/transportation cost/time to that incident . . .  This would be pretty damn dope!

RawCode

And what after you wiped all tribes\ pirates\ mechanoids?

Clayton

I think this could tie into a greater idea: multiple victory conditions.

Instead of leaving the planet being the only ultimate goal, maybe you colonists become so engrossed with their new life, they decide to take over the planet.

Maybe they just want to live in peace amongst others, so their last action as a new colony is rid the planet of the pirates who are a threat and bring peace with the tribes.

TwixFunSize

If this were to happen i hope you could have a different ship(one that hovers on land) that is easier for short distance travel.  Also since your colonsists might starve, Backpacks should be added

InfiniteRemnant

towns actually existing in the world map and being attackable could also open the door to hostage ransoms. they take one of your guys? no longer lost forever. now you can either use the comms to 'buy' him back, or send in a team to rescue him. and they can do the same to you, if you have one of their people.