Still dissapointed

Started by TrashMan, August 20, 2021, 02:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrashMan

After all this time, all these patches, Rimworld STILL doesn't have a proper launcher.

When any sensible game lets you adjust a mod list first and only THEN load them, Rimworld goes backwards and insist on loading the entire game and all mods before giving you an option to change the order or mod list.

Consider that depending on how many mods you have, the game may take 10-30 minutes to start. And if you're toubleshooting mods and thus have to change the list, that means a 20 minute wait time EVERY TIME you change even a single mod.
Utterly, completely unexcusable.

So many QoL things still not merged into the core. So many BS decisions that mods have to fix.

And I might also mention Ideology here - restrictive. Lumping too many things together. For example, I cannot make a transhumanist that ONLY want biological enhancements, but reject cybernetics, because there is no destinction between the two.

Canute

For your problem you can use RimPy.
Modmanager, mod downloader from steam workshop works with all version.

I am more disappointed that Ludeon followed the modern big publisher guidelines and let the player pay to do betatest.
So many new bugs with 1.3 and special Ideology ! :-(

RawCode

and your suggestions?

also how vanilla ideology should take in account biological enchantments that does not exists in vanilla, just curious what your logic is.

TrashMan

Biological arm and mechanical arm are an examaple of two different things. One is OK, other is not.

Age reversal may be ok.
A scyther limb or brain chip would not.

As to how to sort them - a tag?

Locklave

Quote from: TrashMan on August 20, 2021, 04:36:56 AM
Biological arm and mechanical arm are an examaple of two different things. One is OK, other is not.

Age reversal may be ok.
A scyther limb or brain chip would not.

As to how to sort them - a tag?

How is that a Transhumanism? Transhumanists what to trans away from humans to a higher state of being, non human machines. Transhumanists don't want to replace human parts for different human parts.

What do you want to give them cat arms or something?

RicRider

Quote from: TrashMan on August 20, 2021, 02:21:39 AM
And I might also mention Ideology here - restrictive. Lumping too many things together. For example, I cannot make a transhumanist that ONLY want biological enhancements, but reject cybernetics, because there is no destinction between the two.

Surely you can't expect them to add every sect of transhumanism out there. It's just a baseline. I'm sure if Tynan got some transhumanists on board to discuss all the variations there'd be a few schisms on the way and in the end the expac wouldn't have been released before 2030.

Doggerel aside I'm sure someone will make a mod for that - or you could if you're inclined.
##Coding Scrub##

TrashMan

Quote from: Locklave on August 20, 2021, 05:23:25 AM
How is that a Transhumanism? Transhumanists what to trans away from humans to a higher state of being, non human machines. Transhumanists don't want to replace human parts for different human parts.

Sez who?

Bio-enchacements are transhumanism.
Mechanical enchacements are also trans-humanism.
BUT they are not one and he same. In fact, you can want one but despise the other.

Flesh is sacred, machine is unholy... or vice-versa.

Locklave

Quote from: TrashMan on August 23, 2021, 08:36:00 AM
Quote from: Locklave on August 20, 2021, 05:23:25 AM

Sez who?

Bio-enchacements are transhumanism.
Mechanical enchacements are also trans-humanism.
BUT they are not one and he same. In fact, you can want one but despise the other.

Flesh is sacred, machine is unholy... or vice-versa.

They are the same thing and you are pretending there is a difference. They are both un-natural things made in labs with machines, they are both upgrades to the limited human form, thus transhumanist.

Straight from the wiki below
"Transhumanist: Human progress means merging with technology."

So "who sez"? the Dev Sez.

Even if the upgrades are themselves organic and not just upgrades for organics then it's still Transhumanist. It's a technology created upgrade or replacement.

So they are exactly the same thing with you pretending there is a difference because one is aesthetically more suited to you. They are all lab produced and most certainly not sacred or likely even flesh.

If you want to pretend mechanical parts are evil then go ahead and don't use them with transhumanist, problem solved.