How am I supposed to get early Plasteel now??

Started by Kane ka, August 23, 2021, 04:22:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kane ka

I have enjoyed playing scenarios of "crash landed on a planet really far from anywhere, and there are no trade ships, etc."  How am I supposed to get plasteel without mechanoids to disassemble?

I can't dig for it with the new deep drills, because the scanner still requires advanced components - which, guess what, you also can't get without trade.  So I'm not impressed with them much.

I guess the only option is to go on long enough that I finally get some centipedes that can give plasteel?  I can still get Advanced Components form mech ships that fall, right?

I'm not liking the restricted options here; not fun.

เว็บซื้อหวย

khun_poo

I guess your only option is make a caravan and settled elsewhere to find the plasteel ore to mine. It's consider a bit heavy ore so make sure you bring pack animal. Still, you need to enable multiple colony option in the game setting first to settled other colony just for gathering material. If you done with the map, you could abandon the colony and settled elsewhere. Sadly that it leave a permanent ruin mark on your global tile.

Also, try hunting Ancient Danger to get a chance for centipede and ancient soldier is a nice source of early plasteel.

Canute

- Plasteel can be mined normaly too. But it is just that rare like gold and uranium. You should stripmine all the mountain area's.
- Even without scanner you should be able to deep mine, just do a sample drill and check what you get.
- Call trade caravan, Exotic ones should carry plasteel.
- smelt weapon/armor that contain plasteel, deconstruct object that contain plasteel.
- visit other settlement and check if they sell plasteel.

Ark

Based on "crash landed on a planet really far from anywhere, and there are no trade ships, etc." I am assuming that you disabled orbital traders and ALL other factions. Ideology allows that. So to get advanced components your only hope is to keep making new colonies and hoping that one of the ancient dangers has ancient soldiers with advanced components.
I think resource pods can still drop and contain plasteel. They cannot contain advanced components.
No other factions or orbital traders = no trading.
No mechanoids = no crashing mechanoid ships with advanced components. Obviously no mechanoids in ancient dangers.
You went full Robinson Crusoe and are now complaining that you're not having fun with the restricted options you yourself defined?

robotic_gamer

also worth mentioningis that plasteel is not critical for survival since
for armor you can use:
- devilstrand clothing
- plate armor
- flak armor (once you luck out and get advanced components)
for melee weapons
- make due by making steel weapons of very high quality
- make uranium blunt weapons
for buildings
- use stone (you can get unlimited amount by building a stonecutters at a temp location)
- make due with steel

Demoulius

AFAIK the options to get Plasteel are:

*Mining it in your local area. Or making a 2nd colony nearby and mining it there.
*Trading it from traveling merchants
*Deconstructing items made from Plasteel

There are other options like deep mining or trading it from other factions but if I read the OP right thats not an opton because of....self imposed restrictions?

If its self imposed restrictions I dont see the point behind complaining about it but its still possible to get. Just harder.