Just a note to new players to A:6; Bullets carry death sentences.

Started by Ramsis, August 13, 2014, 10:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeOrwell

I'd like to be able to take prisoners who lost their legs and make a small bunker for them, have people bring food to them, and then they could be perfect sentries.

Splinterbee

My most banged up guy was missing an eye from a squirl and had 1 arm and his chest had 4 bullet scars... In the next raider attack hi was shot I the head and escaped bug was half brain dead so we just used him as insane animal bate
Video games, are pretty good

Sir Wagglepuss III

As a new player, this information has proved helpful.

Catching people in the open with your guys behind cover is about as pleasing as it gets, I've even managed to repel a fairly early pirate raid that had 2 Snipers and 4ish pistol/rifles in it thanks to the new system. I let the turrets play bait to the main force (Hadn't finished putting the killbox together, so the few turrets I had were pretty exposed) and sent my best shot with the Enfield around the side of a small cliff. I waited for the Snipers to fire, then popped to the side and had my 14 shooting lass (All she could do was shoot and social, pretty much everything else was incapable, lol) put a well aimed Enfield round through the first Sniper's eye. Second guy took a few more rounds due to bad rolls, but turrets played distraction long enough to pepper the bulk force with injuries and let me deal with the two Snipers.

After that, the main force was crippled enough to let my ragged band of pistols and Enfield make a mockery of them from safe cover, with the only casualty being a couple of replaceable turrets.

Also, bullets are not the only thing that carry death sentences. Beware the melee attacks.

Took my first prisoner and was busy carting them off to their make-shift cell. Something got me distracted, can't remember what, it was very early on during my Colony's life. However, I found out that that a few seconds of inattention is precisely how long it takes for your new 8 melee strength prisoner to crush the right eye and rip off the left ear of your best starting colonist.

And that is how Cat (Nicknamed her as such due to the fact that she could only kill pests and bug people - She was the earlier mentioned counter-sniper) found her way into my Colony, by ripping my best guy to bits. She's something of a mascot now, even though she spends most of her time wandering around aimlessly until there's hunting or wardening to be done...

ZestyLemons

Had a pretty interesting injury today: Gunshot scar on the brain.

I'm playing around with health scales right now, so my colonists have x2.5 health (but the damage is x3 higher, little finer damage control). He got hit in the head with a 21 damage injury on his 25 health brain - it became a -21 scar and he's now forever unconscious.
Help out with the wiki!

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Divaya/
Wiki: http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/User:Zesty

Feel free to contact me about wiki questions or wiki admin stuff.

bobucles

The difference between low and high damage weapons is MUCH more distinct now.

A high powered rifle can easily 1-shot the 40'ish HP required to torso a colonist. However, the 7 damage pewpew of a lighter gun can hit multiple areas, each of them taking minor damage until you have a colonist filled up with a dozen rounds or so. It also means high powered weapons more frequently KILL or MAIM, while lighter weapons are more useful to capture with less permanent damage. It takes some getting used to, but is overall pretty sweet and well above my expectations for a damage system at least.

My only complaint is that light gun damage ANNIHILATES your medicine supply. A guy with 8 bullets? Well that's 8 frickin' medkits. Charge lance to the chest? One band aid. Please have a cheaper bandage kit to handle the frequent light injuries.

theapolaustic1

Quote from: Rahjital on August 13, 2014, 11:51:46 AM
Quote from: Halinder on August 13, 2014, 11:42:25 AM
Well mechanoids are going to /suck/..
Scythers are awful due to their range and accuracy.

There is also new EMP mortars. I haven't seen them in action yet, but they should make the use of artillery against them easier.

Reiterating the scyther thing. I had one airdrop in my base and one shot a colonist who was wearing body armor and had no injuries whatsoever. Just was chilling in a door way popping his head out to line up a shot, and then bang, dead.

Didn't know about the EMP mortars, but there are also EMP grenades. I'm not sure precisely how they work, but one of them was able to shut down my turret in the succession game long enough that combat had resolved by the time it was unstunned.

HatesYourFace

Quote from: theapolaustic1 on August 17, 2014, 09:41:05 PM
Didn't know about the EMP mortars, but there are also EMP grenades. I'm not sure precisely how they work, but one of them was able to shut down my turret in the succession game long enough that combat had resolved by the time it was unstunned.

The EMP Mortar has a larger AOE size than the others. (Almost double) and stuns mechanoids for a very long time. (Long enough to Stunlock them if you keep hitting.)

Haven't had a chance to test the grenades yet.
If you have any 2 of the following 3 things: Time, Interest, or Ability; Head on over to the RimWorld wiki and help improve/update it! http://rimworldwiki.com