Is room temperature inheritance a new intended behavior of the recent patch?

Started by prototype2001, August 25, 2021, 10:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prototype2001

So I have a raider oven, sometimes it goes up to 1,800F and when they all all unconscious from heatstroke I deconstruct some walls to merge the oven with another room. Now in my case this other room is much larger then the oven. So at most the temperature equalizes to ~150F. Since this update whenever the rooms are merged, the large room instantly inherits the 1,800F without any averaging done.

I have not seen any mention of this anywhere including the patch notes, let me know what you think if this is intended or bug?

Canute

I don't know the raider over, but i know other heat sources with high output.
You should place that at your biggest room, then the heat from it got more "room" to spread.
At example try to build a room over a steam geysir, the smalles room just round the geysir can heat up very high, while a room with place for a generator still got a high temp. but a big room only got a few ° higher.

And from your big room you should distribute the heat with vent's to other rooms.

prototype2001

I'll assume its a bug after ovening raiders for 2,500 hours, a room size of 4,000 spaces should not go from 60F to 1800F from a 80 space 1,800F oven merge. Never encountered this until today's patch.

Just to clarify, ~4,000 spaces is a vast majority of a dug out mountain on 325x325 size. Its temperature goes to the max from a tiny room merge.

Canute

Just to clarify, from where is the Raider oven ?
At vanilla rimworld and royalty i don't see that thing, but i don't own Ideology so it could be from there.
Or it is a mod item ? Then it is possible that it is something you can use to build a heatkillbox.

RawCode

and after really long discussion TS will reveal his modlist and notify everyone that he "forgot" about long list of mods updated just before "bug".

is this happen in vanilla? obviously not, because there are no heat sources that can heat room to 1800 without building lots of stools and setting them ablaze.

RicRider

If any of these rumors are true it sounds like the guy forgot he was using the temperature equalizing mod.
##Coding Scrub##

prototype2001

Quote from: Canute on August 26, 2021, 05:40:24 AM
Just to clarify, from where is the Raider oven ?
At vanilla rimworld and royalty i don't see that thing, but i don't own Ideology so it could be from there.
Or it is a mod item ? Then it is possible that it is something you can use to build a heatkillbox.

No mods, take a molotov throw in inside a room, it heats up to 1,800F... Have raiders inside this room and you have a raider oven.

I can't even replicate this in dev mode it happened in a real game in which the whole mountain was set on fire.

RawCode

whole mountain was set on fire with single molotov?

sounds very vanilish.

prototype2001

Quote from: RawCode on August 26, 2021, 12:07:16 PM
whole mountain was set on fire with single molotov?

sounds very vanilish.

Yea, fire spreads from a single molotov, very vanilla.

RawCode

fire does not spread to stone, if you have cozy wooden mountains, this also does not sound like vanilla.

prototype2001

Quote from: RawCode on August 26, 2021, 01:08:31 PM
fire does not spread to stone, if you have cozy wooden mountains, this also does not sound like vanilla.

Read the title thread and the first post instead of putting random words together to form non-sense.