Roping animal to form a caravan is SUPER BUGGY

Started by khun_poo, September 03, 2021, 04:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

khun_poo

Please make caravan animal run of on it's own when form a caravan. The roping is real annoying and very buggy. I have form a caravan of 6 people and 20 horse to trade on nearby settlement. The roping is the colonist drag the horse, and stop, and drag again with a little cooldown like they're melee something.

Due to the long preparation, Some of the pawn fall a sleep, mental break, etc while trying to rope the animal off the map. This caused the rope to broke and set animal free.

Now, the colonist will stop the roping and try to leave the map which is also impossible due to the horse are not leave the map. make me no choice but to cancel the caravan and start over.

To fix it, I have to leave the map with only one pawn to drag all the horse out of the map and have other people to carry the stuff later, merge, unmerge caravan untill I got all the stuff I need then go on the caravan. That's way too many micro.

Please change it, this is super annoying to me.  :'(

RawCode

try without mods, it's obvious that you have mod that interfere with pawn\animal AI and cause issues, in vanilla farm animals will follow caravan on they own ever without leash (if they happen to "break" leash by falling due to exhaustion or other reason)

khun_poo

Quote from: RawCode on September 03, 2021, 05:15:28 AM
try without mods, it's obvious that you have mod that interfere with pawn\animal AI and cause issues, in vanilla farm animals will follow caravan on they own ever without leash (if they happen to "break" leash by falling due to exhaustion or other reason)

You're right. Test it with pure vanilla and try to leave the map with a horse. It's run of the map on its own even if the roper is unleash the horse.

Some of my mod should conflict with it and I don't know what's mod is that. Maybe Pick up and haul or Animal logic? :'(