Enough Is Enough

Started by DeltaV, November 04, 2013, 09:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkMyau

I just faced a raid with 3 snipers. I ended quickly and badly for me. It would have been the 3rd attack on Cassandra classic.

ShadowDragon8685

All-Sniper raids are actually quite easy to kill. They path directly to your folks and will cheerfully walk into open corridors to do so. They will stop to bash open a door if there's an open path five feet away, though, so you need to set up some walls as baffles, preferably with sandbag waffles filling the baffle so they can't take cover at the corners of the baffle walls, and have your guys waiting on the inside of the wall. They come in and march right into a killbox.
Raiders must die!

Geest

Quote from: TripleZero on November 04, 2013, 09:59:10 PM
Also, this game really needs an incinerator for bodies ^^

You think ;D?

Fire does seem to incinerate rubbish, though. So far I've only seen it happen with lightning but I suppose throwing a few cocktails would do the same thing. I haven't tried it yet.

Screenshot from an older build

jesus_h_pizza

Quote from: Pendryn on November 06, 2013, 02:13:29 AM
Honestly, I think the real issue is people aren't taking advantage of melee. Guys, if your are punching the guys with the M-16/24's they aren't shooting you. 10 dmg a hit is a lot better than 50-55.

Do you have a specific strategy for this? Anytime I've rushed snipers, they've torn even medium-ish groups apart before they reach melee range.

Pendryn

Yeah, you've got to be able to get close to them obviously, so basically a wall situation that literally looks like:

With your base being the top of this image, you can have one to three people literally wait behind that 2 spot wall and run out to melee as soon as a sniper arrives. Also the hiding wall can be any size but I recommend leaving the entrance at 2 spaces so your own gunners only have so many places to shoot at. Also watch out for friendly fire.
Reticulating all the splines.

Rivare

Quote from: Geest on November 06, 2013, 01:19:41 PM

Fire does seem to incinerate rubbish, though. So far I've only seen it happen with lightning but I suppose throwing a few cocktails would do the same thing. I haven't tried it yet.

Better solution are some graves, so the colonist don't see dead bodys all the time. You can put fire at graves with molotows as well - it will leave empty graves, ready for new raider corpses.

chaotix14

Quote from: Rivare on November 07, 2013, 05:21:21 AM

Better solution are some graves, so the colonist don't see dead bodys all the time. You can put fire at graves with molotows as well - it will leave empty graves, ready for new raider corpses.

I think in his situation molotovs, incindiary launchers and grenades are the best options. The grenades are also usefull for clearing out any unwanted rubble.

ShadowDragon8685

Quote from: chaotix14 on November 07, 2013, 05:51:22 AM
Quote from: Rivare on November 07, 2013, 05:21:21 AM

I think in his situation molotovs, incindiary launchers and grenades are the best options. The grenades are also usefull for clearing out any unwanted rubble.

I think he may be hoping that at some point, having to climb over a mountain of the dead who came before them would deter the raiders from any further attacks.

Sadly not, not unless Tynan institutes some sanity-checking as regards "do I really want to attack these maniacs, they're more violent and psychotic than I am!" for the raiders. But still, A for effort!
Raiders must die!

Mattk50

If you have any structures at all just go inside and wait for them to run up, then pop out and facerape em