Why can't I choose heavy impact memes with the fluid Ideology?

Started by ExampleHat, September 11, 2021, 07:31:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExampleHat

This seems strange - why isn't it allowed to start a fluid Ideology session with the heavy impact memes? I had in mind to start naked brutality with the nudist meme and a tribal start with only animal personhood, but both options are not viable with this restriction.
Seems like an arbitrary restriction and I cannot wrap my head around why it would be in place. Is it about the difficulty of these memes? Because I can already choose to take only the one meme with a custom start when the Ideo is fixed, which is then overall a harder game than the fluid ideology because you can never opt out.
Is it because it is immersion-breaking because it seems unlikely that someone has as their believe only one strong meme and nothing else? You can also already choose to play like that in the custom ideology option since release.

Is there an angle or a reason I am not seeing for this restriction to make sense?

HRuffalo

Hi there, There are several Low and Medium impact macys insite login memes to select from, but tunneler mypascoconnect login is not one of them. I could swear I managed to once, but don't know what I did differently. Thank you.

Eichkater

I doesn't make any sense and it should be available. Restrictions on for example the amount of relics or festivals would actually make sense but those are freely selectible. Not that I want it but it is logicial whereas not being able to choose high-impact memes is not.

ExampleHat

Quote from: HRuffalo on October 06, 2021, 07:40:58 AM
Hi there, There are several Low and Medium impact memes to select from, but tunneler is not one of them. I could swear I managed to once, but don't know what I did differently. Thank you.

Tunneler is a high impact meme, and they are all unavailable for a fluid start.

The only solutions that I have found by now is
a) choosing something non-impactful like individualistic and change it to the meme I actually wanted to start with at the first chance. That is not ideal because depending on the start, this can take a long time ingame and kinda ruins what I was going for

b) dev mode, which I hate using cause it feels like cheating.

Are the devs ever reading or commenting on these forum threads? I know they don't look at ideas and seem to not have the time to check the forums in general, but I don't really know how to give feedback like this - would feel dishonest to make it a bug report.