[W | 0.6.532] Gaemplay: Mountains cast shadows that expand over map

Started by Listoric, August 17, 2014, 03:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listoric

Summary:

After building solar panels next to a mountain, with every new solar panel completed, the mountains shadow "grew" and "spilled over" solar panels that were in bright daylight seconds before.

Steps to Reproduce:
I attached a photoshopped image with numbers on each solar panel in the order I built them, and the position of the useless panels copied and pasted in place.

The only rock/parts of the mountain I removed, are one or two "squares", to fit in panel 2, in it's bottom left corner.

After I removed that rock, I ordered my colonists to build the panels 1-4, all in broad daylight. As soon as the finished panel 4, almost all of it's area became shadow, but 2 was still in broad daylight. It was like a little permanent "cloud" above panel 4.

I later built more panels. As I finished 7, panel 2 was suddenly below shadows. As I finished panel 9, panels 2 4 7 and 8 were in shadows, so I build even more and sold the ones in the shadows.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Rahjital

This is a known issue. You can put a No-Roof zone over it to get rid of the shadow.