Newbie has questions

Started by leonhanson, August 24, 2021, 02:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonhanson

Stumpwork Embroidery Options You Should Think About

Stumpwork embroidery will take your skills to a new dimension, especially if you have the best embroidery machine you can handle. Stumpwork is also referred to as raised embroidery; hence, it looks like 3D art pieces on fabrics. Stumpwork originated from the ancient English sewing tradition, and they may include designs of leaves and petals on flowers and the wings of some beautiful dragonflies. To create stumpwork on your best embroidery machine, you must use layer stitching techniques, then add the needle paint shapes or beads around the wires before attaching them to the fabric base. Some stumpwork ideas for embroidery making include the following:

The 3D Flower Crown Stumpwork

To complete the 3D flower crown, you must add an extra texture layer around your woven wheel roses with the wired slip weaves. It means you have to bend a thin and soft wire to that shape you want, then stitch it into a piece of fabric before using the needle to create a paint sort off. Cut this out to secure your portrait before you complete the embroidery on a good embroidery machine money can buy. This may take some practice before you become perfect, but the rewards are worth it.

The Beautiful Bead Embroidery

This stumpwork embroidery is stunning to behold, and you can boastfully display the craft anywhere in your home, car, or office. Like much other stumpwork, beadwork embroidery is a textured dimensional artwork where you attach beads. You can attach beads to your embroidery works by sewing them with single floss strands with your embroidery stitches. If you can master this straightforward technique, you should use running stitch with beads on the floss with your basic embroidery knowledge. Keep in mind you still have to create those stems and outlines on the leaves. If you wonder What is The Best Embroidery Machine? Top Embroidery Machine Reviews from Crafts Selection will give you the answer.

The Gold Stumpwork Embroidery Work

Goldwork belongs to its particular category of embroidery work, and you will need some metallic threads with some padding and, of course, one of the top rated embroidery machines money can buy, complete this embroidery work. You will need to add some other raised effects to complete this piece of stump embroidery work. With this embroidery work, you will learn some advanced embroidery works like soft string padding, high relief padding, felt padding, and high string padding. Each padding option will reveal fine details that will create that gorgeous texture.

The Botanical Pieces

If you have already purchased one of those top rated embroidery machines you have always wanted, perhaps the botanical pieces could be one of your ideal stumpwork pieces to consider. Make sure your petal designs pop up on the fabric's surface with the wired slips, then use simple stitching to line your work's texture. Whichever option of stumpwork you choose from among these top recommendations, you need to practice the different stitching until you get it right before moving to the final workpieces.

Canute

Just take a look at the 1.link of my signature

Alenerel

If you buy it directly from ludeon you get the steam release too

SpaceCows

Quote from: leonhanson on August 24, 2021, 02:24:19 PM
I'm unsure whether I will be getting the steam release so I'm worried about something. What if there is a scenario or mod that I want but its only on the steam workshop? How would that work for someone who doesnt have the steam version of the game?

If you buy directly from Ludeon, you can get a Steam copy for free: https://rimworldgame.com/getmygame/