Pawns won't eat if closest nutrient paste dispenser isn't full

Started by WarKitty, September 13, 2021, 02:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WarKitty

If you have pawns set to eat only nutrient paste and the closest paste dispenser to them doesn't have a full hopper, they won't use a different one.   So I have 5 nutrient paste dispensers on my map for colonists (not counting the one in the prison); one of them is new and doesn't have a hopper yet.  Pawns closest to that one will not eat unless I either force create a nutrient paste meal somewhere or manually draft them and move them so another dispenser is closest.  Also creates problems if one dispenser runs out of food, even if there are other active dispensers nearby.

cybergatory

Not sure how helpful this is, but I corroborate that this happened to me as well.  I had to disable the empty dispenser to get the pawns to switch to the other one.

cybergatory

Cant seem to attach a save file.  It just errors out, and the post never makes it onto the board.
Im using version 1.3.3117 compiled Sep 9 2021.  No mods, completely vanilla.
I have a save file that demonstrates this, if I ever figure out how to upload it, the pawns have easy access to 2 paste dispensers.
The northern one has beef in it, and a pawn is in the middle of removing it, so it will be empty soon.
The southern one has milk and eggs.  I have commanded a bunch of tasks, so the north one, should be closest to them most of the time.  They go into starvation after only a day.  Note also that this tribe has the rancher meme, and when they eat paste with milk/eggs, they get a mood debuff.  See other bug report towards the top of the forum with the title "Meals made from only Milk/Eggs give 'ate non-meat' debuff to Ranchers New".

Pheanox

Thanks for the bug report.  I was able to notice this behavior in 1.3.3164.  Your offered save was extremely useful in figuring out this issue.  Thanks for the assistance and time taken!

bvg

If there are two Nutrient Paste Dispensers and only the one farthest away from a pawn has hoppers with >= 6 raw ingredients, then the pawn will not eat from the one farthest away. Workaround: turn off power for the closest one, or manually move the pawn so that it's closer to the one witch isn't empty.

I'm on the public testing branch.