Vanilla Bug or Mod Bug? Quest-Generation fails

Started by The_F, September 19, 2021, 05:48:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_F

Don't know if this is a bug in vanilla or mod related.

I got a new quest one day ago regarding a place to loot on the world map, but all I can see in my quest log is: ERR: [Site_Label] [detected] with a quest text that shows even more errors.

See in the Hugs-Lib Log:

https://gist.github.com/86b61055d04a08d93a3873bcdb16593c

Canute

Hard to say, the error about the quest generation is at the log. But it don't contain a "patch" which would be sure sign for a mod changed anything.
Ofcouse the quest generator could have difficults to create the quest, because the rewards, because of the sites,because of the biome or whatever.

Since the error is about quests and world map, i would think you should ask maybe the author of the
World Map Beautification Project
Maybe he get some ideas.

The_F

Thank you for your response.

As far as i know, world map beautification project only changes textures/ visuals and doesn't add anything content- or code-related (e. g. no new biomes) but I will ask the author nonetheless (will do the same for the vanilla expanded authors because their mods are adding new quests aswell).

Is there any possibility to remove the bugged quest from the savegame, so that it does not show up in the quest log anylonger. Dismissing it still shows it in the historical quest tab.

Thanks!

Canute

-Backup your savegame
-open it with a texteditor
- search for queuedIncidents 2 times
- then you should see a list of incidents, i think the first one should be the quest. Just delete the entry from <li> to </li>