body parts questions

Started by rockywtf, September 16, 2021, 11:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockywtf

so i harvested the lungs of some prisoners and kidneys and always put them in the freezer, eventually i noticed that they dont need to be refrigerated so i got them out of the freezer. the kidneys are fine but when a trader came to my colony i noticed the lungs are deteriorated (98%). what happened?

i got a heat wave. maybe the EXTREME heat did it. i keep them where i keep all my items, maybe because of the dirt/all the people coming in and out? or maybe i just harvested both of them at 98%, but i dont think so, from what i remembere they were 100%. please tell me all the conditions to store them too if u know why they got damaged.

another question: if i implant them will there be a problem? like increased fail chance (even tho it would be just a small increase because they're at 98%) or them developing asthma again(that why i need them for, treating asthma)

Canute

Hi,
organ's don't need any cooling. But they can deteriorate slowly because of outdoors and/or unroofed.
Or from fire.

When you succesful implant them, it doesn't matter what condition the organ got. But on a failure the organ get damaged (i think 50%) and can be lost then.

MissFox

There are no storage requirements, they can get hot or cold with no penalty.

As for mystery degradation, being left outside or in water will damage them, as will all things that can generally damgage items such as falling rubble from roof collapse and pawns attacking them while in a break state (or setting fire to them). I belive they can also be hit by stray shots if combat occurs in the same room as they are stockpiled in but someone will need to correct me if thats wrong.

As for damage and surgery I've not seen any issues with using damaged organs or implants,  implanting them seems to magically repair them.

I've seen 100% health implants be destroyed by botched surgery, it was my understanding that a failure destroys the part regardless of its integrity. But i may be wrong on that too.