no personal needs are met during caravan formation animal or pawn.

Started by JackBlack1024, September 24, 2021, 06:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackBlack1024

I have several pens with lots of pack animals breeding. So when I form a caravan with a tribal start I usually take all my pack animals (regardless of the inventory) so that I have the pack room to buy heavy bulky stuff (like marble or jade) or even haul some of the more abundant resources (like wood) away. The problem that I have is that the priorities of the caravan don't include pawns taking care of personal needs (like recreation to the point of mental breaks) or the pack animals sleeping making them collapse from exhaustion while the loading process is happening. Sometimes it takes 3 days to pack all the stuff onto the animals and I am fine with that but I don't understand why everything must shut down until the caravan is finished forming and loading with no possibility of editing priorities during that formation. They certainly don't do that when they get back... It is almost like I have to beg my pawn to unload the caravan when it gets back. Can you guys find a way to make that process a little more natural an normal? Must everything act like a priority computer? If so then please let me manage it like normal when no caravan is being formed. add caravan formation to the priority list or something.

Moderator Note:

Hopefully with the recent stable patch 1.3.3159 some of your concerns have been addressed with the caravan formation process.

cybergatory

Im seeing this as well.  Its not ideal.  I have to completely change how I setup the caravans - meaning the bare minimum of everything.  Calling in traders is a hugely better option as a result.  Im not sure if the pick up and haul mod is screwing up the caravaning process but, for me right now, its one level above broken.

JackBlack1024

I even set up animal sleeping spots all around the caravan assembly point and they just keep roaming while tethered all night long and they never actually lay down and sleep. My guy in the caravan sleeps outside instead of his bed and he barely goes for any needs at all like eating. when the caravan is done the next day half the donkeys (or whatever the pack animals are at the time) fall asleep mid route to the edge of the map and I must wait until they finish crashing to actually leave.

cybergatory

I noticed it helps the packing go faster if I send the entire colony on the caravan, and then the second they get on the map, I split them, and send the extras right back to the settlement.  Still, its really annoying - Im gaming the game instead of playing the game.