Game only generating 1 single settlement.

Started by Washington, September 24, 2021, 12:47:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Washington

When every I generate a world, it only generates a single settlement. The faction tab in the world view is entirely empty yet the settlement itself is in a faction and when I click view information on the settlement it only says the name and "Description: A base for one of the factions."

I'm really getting upset with this cause I've tried everything i can think of.

Canute

QuoteI'm really getting upset with this cause I've tried everything i can think of.
I would bet if you format your mashine it would fix the problem after you reinstalled all ! :-)

But without more information:
- do you use mods ? Then disable all and try it again with a new colony.

- No mods. Check the ingame log window (you need to enable developer mode at the options) if any red text appear right after you start rimworld.
Prolly some old version files left.
Manual delete your rimworld installation (not uninstall) and then repair/reinstall it.
You could delete the Config folder at the saved data area too (button at the options to open it with a file browser).

If that all don't helped, the logfile (player.log) could maybe help. Don't forget to have the problem ingame before you send the file. File attach option only visible when you use Reply button.