my rimworld only show the backround

Started by oceanop135, September 25, 2021, 04:29:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oceanop135

I tried to download some mods so I restarted rimworld but when i opened it only the back round showed , non of the buttons. then I tried uninstalling it , doing a backup , turn the laptop on and off and tried verifying the integrity of the game . but non of that work some said to delete the %userprofile%\AppData\Locallow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\Config
in, find ModsConfig.xml but i don't know were that is. so i would appreciate any help.

Canute

Just open windows file explorer.
Mark and copy
%userprofile%\AppData\Locallow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\Config
then click into the filedestination line to enter edit mode, and paste it there, press enter.
That should show you the Config folder, there you find Modconfig.xml and the backup_Modconfig.xml.
Delete both.

About mods, maybe you should read the 2.link from my signature.

oceanop135

i'm not shore how to mark some thing or were the filedestination line is. also i have tried to search of the %userprofile%\AppData\Locallow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\Config but nothing comes up

Canute

To mark text or things on your screen.
Move the mouse at the beginning, left click down, move to mouse and you will see a highlight area.
Move to the end and release left click.
Shortcuts: double left click on a word, to highlight (mark) the word, click again to highlight the whole line.
Right click at the highlighted area, select copy.

to find the place to insert(paste) it look at the picture.

oceanop135

i found the modconfig and it said its a xml fie but no back up

oceanop135

i deleted it it works thank you so so so so so much . but also does this mean my mods are gone

oceanop135

redownloaded all my mods thank you so much for your help. i am going to name a world after you .thank you

Canute

When you don't use steam and need to get your mod's manualy, maybe you should take a look at the 1. link of my signature.