Losing ideology is weird

Started by Alenerel, September 29, 2021, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alenerel

If the prisoners are low mood they lose faith in THEIR ideology, which is weird.
If a prisoner gets treated bad they would get more hostile towards the mistreaters and they would keep thinking that the wardens are the enemy, and also they wouldnt want to join them.

On the contrary, if they treat the prisoner well, he will end up thinking "perhaps these enemies arent so bad..." and it would be easier to convert him.

Yet in this game its backwards.

ExampleHat

Are they constantly losing faith when they are in a bad mood? That indeed wouldn't make sense, but I have never noticed that they get or lose certainty because of how I treat them (except from a crisis, see next paragraph).

I am only aware of the "changed ideo because crisis of faith" when they are in an extremely low mood and that makes sense imho. There is nothing rational in it, when you are on the egde of breaking for too long you might lose faith into anything and start believing anything just for the world to make sense again.

Alenerel

When you imprison somebody and treat him bad he will lose his ideology faster. Irl that person would hate more and more his wardens and would hang on to his ideology even more.

I know that "in real life" isnt an argument for a game, but it also makes sense that if you invest in treating your prisoners well they like you more.

Eichkater

Quote from: Alenerel on October 04, 2021, 11:28:53 AM
When you imprison somebody and treat him bad he will lose his ideology faster. Irl that person would hate more and more his wardens and would hang on to his ideology even more.

I know that "in real life" isnt an argument for a game, but it also makes sense that if you invest in treating your prisoners well they like you more.

"In real life" it works exactly as in the game unfortunately. The idea behind treating a prisoner badly in order to convert him is not new and has been done time and time again. The logic of the warden is simple: I cannot treat you any different because you are a heathen. As soon as the prisoner dennounces his old faith and accepts a new the circumstances change completely. As a prisoner he had no say, no power and no hope. As a convert all this changes. It does not matter if he didnt mean it in the first place. His new life will be based on his new faith and even if he holds a grudge against his wardens for the rest of his life his children will belief in the new faith. And that'S what it is all about in the long term.

SwiftCheese

Quote from: Alenerel on October 04, 2021, 11:28:53 AM

I feel like someone would start to lose faith in their ideology faster if they were really sad because they feel like whatever they're worshipping has abandoned them. So it makes sense why they would lose faith in their ideology.