new Tunneler colonists want nutrifungus—how do?

Started by Jacquelyn Heat, September 29, 2021, 10:55:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacquelyn Heat

In my current playthrough, I have a group of 7 temporary (unless some join) colonists staying with me and helping out. They're all Tunnelers according to their ideoligion, so they're sad that I don't have fungus for them to eat. I expected them to have brought the "fungal gravel" floor option with them, but it's not there. Am I missing something? Do I need one of them to permanently join the colony first? Or is fungal gravel only possible if *your* primary ideoligion has Tunneler?

MissFox

Please someone correct me if im wrong here.

I belive youre correct, You only have the tech available that represents the dominant ideo memes, im guessing this was done as a balance thing as it stops players having access to all tech by having one colonist of each ideo.

As for the gravel issue, obviously it will be a problem not being able to place it at will but cave systems can naturally spawn fungal gravel if you can find one (which may require some lucky mining) but im guessing thats not an option.

I belive you can grow nutrifungus in a hydroponics unit though. It needs to be kept in the dark with no light exposure. Not sure if that's an option for you?

Jacquelyn Heat

Oh! Good call! I think since devilstrand doesn't work in hydroponics, I assumed nutrifungus wouldn't either. Yeah, that would totally solve my problem. Thanks!

MissFox

I hope it works! I've not used them for that but i have a feeling its one of the options.

Jacquelyn Heat

Hey MissFox, just popping back in to say one of the Tunneler guests decided to officially join my colony, and that unlocked the fungal gravel floor option! Just in case you were curious :)

MissFox

Perfect! Im glad it all worked out :)

And yes thats really good to know.

Ilya

You don't even need gravel or hydroponics to grow fungus, any dirt will do so long as it's in the dark.

Ouroboros

Quote from: MissFox on September 29, 2021, 03:06:19 PM
im guessing this was done as a balance thing as it stops players having access to all tech by having one colonist of each ideo.

Feels like a nightmare building around several ideologies despite the upsides. I only play single ideology colonies. Is diverse ideologies something most people enjoy? O.o 

Diverse ideology not only works against the roleplaying of building around a theme, it also makes gameplay really trick imo.