[0.6.532] Game starts with colonists air dropping inside enclosed space.

Started by Raufgar, August 17, 2014, 09:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raufgar

Would like to report that in one of my games, I chose a mountainous region on the world map for my new colony. Upon start, whole screen is blank (undiscovered) except for a small area on the edge of the map. My colonists will air drop into that small space together with all their items.

I then attempt to mine their way out to the left. A short way in, I break out into open air. However, only about half of the map is revealed. If drafted, my colonists can walk into the undiscovered area, but it does not clear it.

I have attached 2 screenshots showing the initial drop, then the break out and subsequent half screen un-reveal.

I have that save game stored here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/iq6biy9x73pyiks/Alpha6%201.rwm

I am running a few mods right now : Apothecarius, Colonist Only Doors, Enhanced Slaves, ExtraResearch Tables 1.2, Jaxxa Shields, MedBed 1.4, Miscellaneous_-_Hires, Mushrooms, PowerSwitch, Wood Tweaks, Workplaces.

I am also experiencing increasing lag a few minutes into other attempts, usually when some rooms have been constructed / hollowed out of bedrock and furnished. The "roof over nothing" issue is also present.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
Don't be afraid to voice your opinions...

The worse thing that can happen to you is that you'll get your ass capped.

ItchyFlea

Please also post the world you used to generate that colony.
The world file is located here in Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Local Settings\Application Data\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Worlds (It's the same place as where your colonies are saved.)

Without that file it is impossible for us to check the world and see the problem.
The world name you used for that save is called: Sadachbia Alkurah
The filename for that world will be: SadachbiaAlkurah.RWW
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Raufgar

ItchyFlea

I am not able to reproduce this in 'vanilla' RimWorld. Genned the colony 10 times, every time the game dropped the colonists in the middle of the map, as it should do.

I can only think of two possibilities:
1) Extremely unlucky colonist drop.
2) Problem caused by a mod.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Raufgar

Alright then, will continue to monitor and see if it occurs again. Thanks for the help :)