[M|0.6.532] "Gets medicine" not working

Started by mikeash, August 18, 2014, 11:31:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeash

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I don't understand what it does or if I'm just doing something wrong. If it's one of the non-bug ones, I'd love to be corrected!

Anyway, the "gets medicine" option on prisoners doesn't seem to work for me. I leave it off for almost everyone. (I figure that prisoners will probably heal up on their own, and if they don't then I can ditch them without feeling bad, and I don't want them sucking up valuable medicine if they end up permanently disabled.) However, my doctor still routinely picks up medicine and uses it to heal prisoners even when this option is off.

ShadowTani

Yeah, I have this issue too. So I started forbidding all my medic kits each time I'm having prisoners treated.

mikeash

OpposingForces

did you also un-check receives doctor /medical are? can't remember the what it's called just now.
No one can hear you scream in space. But the Raiders get a chuckle from you screaming while a boomrat eats you.

mikeash

I have medical care on, since I do want them to get doctoring, just without medicine. Should be possible, right? Otherwise, no reason to have two settings.

bobucles

I too am having an issue where doctors recklessly throw medicine at undeserving patients. It's a horrible waste of medicine.

Medicine itself feels super rare and expensive. This is because each treatment costs a full medkit no matter how severe, and a patient can have over a dozen individual wounds.

theapolaustic1

Quote from: bobucles on August 18, 2014, 06:07:40 PM
I too am having an issue where doctors recklessly throw medicine at undeserving patients. It's a horrible waste of medicine.

Medicine itself feels super rare and expensive. This is because each treatment costs a full medkit no matter how severe, and a patient can have over a dozen individual wounds.

I feel like medkits should have a "durability" of some sort, and be used up faster by more serious injuries.

Or just make them cheaper/more common and stack higher, but require multiple medkits for sever wounds, which may be easier from a code perspective to implement.

ShadowTani

I just want to say that I'm playing with a new colony at the moment, where the doctor treating patients without using medicine seem to work as intended. Are anyone of you, that haven't deleted your "bugged" colony yet, able to test if the setting have gotten inverted? (i.e. that putting "getting medicine" on, actually now work as the off)

Edit: Nevermind, it got bugged again for me. >_<