1.3.3117 (Windows 10) Minor bugs involving filling biosculptor pods w/nutrition

Started by brucemo, October 08, 2021, 08:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brucemo

If I tell a colonist to fill one of these, and it takes more than one stack of food to do it, the colonist just wanders off after the first stack. Contrast this with the behavior if I tell a colonist to take materials to a construction site -- they'll make return trips.

I also observed a colonist picking up 1x simple meals when there was an untouched 10x simple meal stack adjacent in the same stockpile -- they didn't go get 10 from two stacks.

TL;DR: The "get materials for this job" philosophy seems different when filling up a biosculptor pod than it does with other jobs.

Since you're listening I'll say that I think the whole biosculptor thing is very good and I'm satisfied with the balance, although the space requirement for a reasonably sized colony is pretty enormous and they don't tile well. If the entry port on these was moved one tile left or right (similar to a pod launcher) this might constitute an improvement, because you could fit two of these in a 3x5 rectangle.

edit:

One more thing. When I put a colonist with a brain scar and a bunch of other injuries from recent combat into a pod to heal those, I was informed that the injuries would be healed, but also to be healed is "nose (Gastroanalyzer)". There is nothing wrong with this guy's nose and that shouldn't be included, especially if it is going to remove the gastroanalyzer.

Canute

QuoteIf I tell a colonist to fill one of these, and it takes more than one stack of food to do it, the colonist just wanders off after the first stack.
That is standard behavior.
The pawn got important things to do then hauling, and just do 1 hauling job you forced him to do.

About the meal, it is allways a range check (air line, not walk line) what they would take. Same for table.

The only real bug you might found is the one with the nose. But Phaenor need to verify it.

Pheanox

Thanks for the bug report.  Canute is correct in how this is default game behavior for hauling, though biosculpt nutrient behavior has been changed in the public 1.3.3159 release, so perhaps this has been addressed for you.

Another person commented on the gastro-analyzer issue and I was not able to reproduce it in a vanilla save (they were playing a modded game).  If you have a save where this occurs and you are also not playing modded, please upload a save for me to review.  You can see how to do this in the sticked topic titled "how to report a bug".  Thanks.