Would be nice to have a more restrictive fluid ideology

Started by AnActualDuck, October 07, 2021, 10:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnActualDuck

Currently I self restrict but I would like it if the fluid ideology had a more restrictive variant. Allow me to explain in a bit of detail.

As it stands you can choose a meme and then basically go ham on all the other settings, then after a few rituals you get to add new memes and once again have full access to modify the presets. However, I would like to see a mode where you choose your initial starting meme, can't change any presets for that meme, get only the two starting roles of leader and proselytizer, and can set up just one ritual event. Then the points you earn could be spent on buying changes to your ideology. New meme still costs 10, but want to add a role/building/ritual? 6 points. Want to modify a preset? 1 point per tier (so you can't just jump something from abhorrent to required for a single point). Points could also be earned from more than just rituals. Convert someone? Points. Masterwork ideology art? Points! Inspirational leader speech? Sure, points, why not.

Obviously none of this is hard and fast rules it's just a general concept. However, the core idea of wanting to restrict how much you can do all at once with a fluid ideology is really want I want to sell. I want building my ideology to feel even more progression based than fluid ideology currently allows. Sure I can self impose these rules, but given the opportunity I'd like to see this sort of ideology system actually in game