MOD Request: Prison Chain

Started by laughingowl, October 19, 2021, 10:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laughingowl

A installable/uninstallable  'prisoner cell'

Basically so possible to capture during raids, encounters, etc.

Ideally:
Increased 'prison break'  to reflect it is not as secure as a actual prison cell
Increased 'discomfort' and likelyhood of making a break attempt, due to tempature, lack of sleep, etc..  (I.E. no suitable for 'long-term' storage,  but considering caravans can take prisoners,  there has to be some way they 'rest', so should be able to rest on a map also)

JT

If you mean like a tent, Camping Stuff has multi-tile portable tents (instantly built out of actual wall tiles once it's installed) that would work for that purpose.

There's also the mod "Imprisonment on the Go" which allows taking prisoners without having a bed assigned, which might suit your purposes even better -- right-click and "Imprison".  (It's kinda ironic that the "capture" command brings them to prison and the "imprison" command captures them on the spot without bringing them to a prison cell, come to think of it.)  Along with "Prison Labor", you could then capture any prisoner on a map and set them to "Force to work", and they'll stay put or even perform minor hauling tasks until you reform your caravan, without a cell, with your warden pawns periodically moving to watch them and keep them under guard.

If you mean something like a cage, that you can force a prisoner into like a cryptosleep casket, that's certainly doable as a mod.

If you mean something like a caravan packing spot or caravan roping spot, that's quite a bit harder, but still possible with a lot of detouring/code patching.  Best way I could think of is to add new nodes to a pawn's thinktree if they're tethered, so that they use a special waiting or wandering task that keeps them within range of the chain position, and can only scan for and eat food nearby.  Mod compatibility would be a massive pain, though.

Mind you, I'm not volunteering, I'm just listing alternatives. =)