[Mod idea] Harder and harder difficulty

Started by MutateMe, October 13, 2021, 12:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MutateMe

So we all know there is a limit to the total raid points a raid can have, and several mods have worked around this by simply making super strong factions that raid you with insane weapons and armors and even bionics etc.. However none of these mods work in a progressive manner, meaning they can hit you hard from the start.

How about a mod that works like the Void mod, mixed with (forgot name) a mod that reduces the enemy numbers but makes them stronger to go past the raid points cap without lagging when they spawn etc. (The one thing I don't like about this is that the enemies get buffs, but these buffs are removed once the raid ends (when imprisoned etc) making them normal useless pawns instead of those stronger versions.
The game would progress like normal and when you get to the later stages of the game, more and more enemies will have bionics like Void soldiers have. These can be recruited etc or bionics removed w/e and the enemies will just get stronger and stronger instead of higher in numbers, with perhaps even some super elite bosses raiding you at the late stages.

The main reason I am posting here is because every mod that adds difficulty like this, does so from the beginning and it makes building a colony really difficult. I like going slowly and steady, until it becomes too much for me to handle.

I realize this could cause some balancing issues like 'wow recruiting a prisoner with super strong bionics will make your colony too OP!' but at the end of the day the game is all about having fun. Some people like watching their colony fail miserably in every way possible, some like to surpass the limits and go beyond what's realistic.

Give it some thought because I sure don't know how to make mods :)

RedPine

You'd probably have to alter each faction mod to spend raid points in a balanced way, then add a mod that raises the raid point cap.

A simpler solution would be raising the raid point cap and turning on wealth independent mode.