Add animals from a mod to faction caravans?

Started by Sithadmiral, October 14, 2021, 08:06:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sithadmiral

Recently, I've made some custom factions for myself based around Kenshi. I'm really new to modding. I use some excellent Kenshi armor mods for my factions after looking at others on the workshop. There's a  great Kenshi animal mod there. I want to have the AI factions use one of those animals for their caravans. But I have no idea how to do it. Looking at other mods on the workshop, those mod factions just have the base game animals for their caravan carriers. Is there a simple way to do this with like editing the xml files?

Canute

Just look for trade at the xml code, and switch the flag.
If that animal don't have these flag, you should look for the exact name at the vanilla trade animal and just insert it there.

Sithadmiral

I'm not sure what you mean with switching the flag. Like for example, here is the animals used for traders:

<carriers>
          <Muffalo>6</Muffalo>
          <Dromedary>5</Dromedary>
          <Alpaca>2.5</Alpaca>
          <Elephant>2</Elephant>
</carriers>

I want to add a mod's animal to my faction mod I made. I'm just not sure what to put in to get it to work. Just using the name doesn't seem to do anything. For apparel, I use "MayRequire" and the mod name to recognize another mod's clothes. But it didn't seem to work here for the animal.

Canute

Sorry,
the keyword trade was wrong. But i said i didn't remember it either.
Searching for "caravan" at all race def's got me to dromedar's and i found
<packAnimal>true</packAnimal>

Sithadmiral

Ok. I found the animal name for it. I added <KenshiGarru> in my list of animals for carriers. The Garru is a pack animal. I haven't seen it yet in my test though.