Tattoo rendering issue

Started by Kysali, October 17, 2021, 07:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kysali

Hey and Hello,

So I am new to Rimworld modding (but not to modding in general), and I wanted to do a little texture mod inspired by Cyberpunk, to give Techists some cool Cyberware style tattoos.

Issue is, part of the textures I made are "stockings" meant to work on stuff like "[NL] Compatible body 2" as in a body replacer with legs.
What became apparent with this is, that by default the game seems to take my textures and cut them, based on the alpha layer of the pawn body texture (this works without issue) but for some reason it then also resizes the tattoos, as in squishes them.
This step is clearly done after cutting based on the alpha layer, as the shape is correct, but in some areas the tattoo reaches out over the size of the body (especially on Hulk body) and in some others it struggles to fill the entire texture (especially on male body)
I have had the same issues on other peoples tattoo mods too (for example Roo's tattoos, and Tattoos expanded), but didn't read anyone else complaining about the issue.
I also tried adding HD Pawn fix, and HD texture fix in general, which did not help.

So I assume this is just a vanilla rendering error, that I have to accept and thus remove the stockings of my mod. But if there is any known fix, or anyone able to help, it would be massively appreciated!

Thanks in advance, for all and any help!

(Attachments are: What it's supposed to look like; what the texture looks like; and what it looks like ingame with the body replacer; And what it looks like on vanilla male body.)