[1.3.3117] Animals do not eat food within their zone

Started by TenNineAce, September 21, 2021, 12:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TenNineAce

I usually have most of my non-pen animals unrestricted, but recently set them to a zone which includes all but a small part of the map (to keep them out of the Luciferium.) When restricted this way, they don't notice edible food in their area (even food they just hauled there).

In the picture you can see a starving Labrador which I sent to an area full of kibble and then immediately rezoned to her usual area before she started eating. She didn't leave the area, but didn't eat the kibble either. When I manually send them to the area full of kibble and don't set them back to their larger zone they do eat, so maybe it has to be a zone that covers most of the map for this to happen?

Edit: Not sure if it's related, but since restricting my colonists to the same zone, they are now feeding the prisoners raw food and kibble when meals are available. They have never done that before.

Pheanox

Thanks for the bug report. I'm unable to reproduce this bug in 1.3.3164.  If you are still having this issue could you please upload a save for me to examine?  You can see how to do that if you look at the 'How to report a bug' stickied topic.

StlyAu

I've found that animals seem to eat food in the order it's listed in their dietary list. I've had human corpses in a freezer and meat eaters won't touch them if they can find a prepared meal or something else listed before "corpses" in the dietary list. I may just be seeing things that way, but it happens a lot.