[1.3.3117] Animals dont respond to unsafe temperatures when in a pen

Started by skullywag, October 24, 2021, 09:08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Animals will not respond to unsafe temperatures if their pen has a "safe" area entered via the animal flap. Something about the normal check for if their path would end in an unsafe zone doesnt work due to the flap. I think due to the fact that they arent crossing a zone boundary.

I have had enough games now where chickens will just stay outside and die to frostbite even though there is a "barn" with a flap door thats 20+ degrees inside, IF they go into it at night and the temp drops below -20 (their safe is -10) they will stay indoors and be fine in the morning, the moment it ticks to -19 they go outside, the temp then drops again to -20 and they stay outside and die.

Animals should seek safe temperature through an animal flap to thier barn correctly. The only way to combat this is to not use a flap but a door and have 2 pens and manually move animals between them, this makes the animal flap all but useless in colder climates.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Pheanox

Hey skullywag, thanks for the bug report.  So I was testing around with this today, and I got my temperatures on my testing map down to -25.  I didn't notice this issue. I do see that their minimum safe temperature is -10c for chickens, but my chickens were not getting hypothermia or frostbite in the -25 degree weather.  Would you mind uploading a save for me to look at if you are still having this issue?