Fire after fire after fire after fire. Anybody else have this problem?

Started by rtuinila, October 31, 2021, 10:26:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtuinila

My colonists have been doing nothing but fighting fires for two of their days and all are ready to break.

Canute

Once a fire got bigger, it is better to keep it buring and just keep protecting important stuff.
And when it burn down your base, maybe rethink to replace it with noneburnable material.

Keep create roads with stone's around your fields, 2 better 3 tiles wide, that reduce the chance that spark's fly over to the next field.

And when you play with mods, look for mod's for fire extinguisher or such things.

Bozobub

Quote from: Canute on October 31, 2021, 11:45:25 AMAnd when you play with mods, look for mod's for fire extinguisher or such things.
That's exactly what firefoam poppers are for, notably.  They are part of the base game.
Thanks, belgord!

Ukas

It's been a long time since a fire caused any real trouble to my colony. It used to be much worse in alpha (0.14 or so) than it's now, but I've noticed some summers tend to have this somewhat annoying cycle with a thunderstorm starting fires, then rain putting them down until the rain ends with another thunderstorm which then starts new fires which atracts new train to douse the fires but which will end with another thunderstorm etc. etc.

Alenerel

I suppose you made your base with wooden/steel walls. I switch to stone as soon as I can.