Sure I can haul, but can not pick up: Too Heavy

Started by StlyAu, December 07, 2021, 10:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StlyAu

Can someone explain this to me? See the attached images and explain to me how the actions are as they are. He can prioritize hauling the corpse, but can not pick up because of too heavy??? It's not because of the items already being carried (see second image), as the pawn in question being asked to do it is one of the cooks and had just dropped meals off in the dining room.

The corpse on the table came from another pawn's Corpse Obsession not a few seconds before.

*edit* for more info, all my own colonists get that same thing "can not pick up: too heavy" but all the refugees don't have it.

*edit 2* adding burial options, same greyed option appears.

*edit 3* this is a lightly modded game but can't see it causing this. only 25 mods and nothing other than QoL mods.

Ark

They needed to bodge moving the heavy stuff somehow. If only they could lift the big research table, fabricating bench and the comms console, too.

Image and Chef John: Dadilan at Reddit. Thread at Reddit.

Alenerel

All pawns can haul an item over their maximum weight and its like this for obvious reasons... For example, if they couldnt, if you have a megasloth corpse that weights 200kg, nobody would be able to haul it, even if they were completely naked.

The pick up option is from the mod "pick up and haul", which would put the item in the pawn's inventory until you manually dropped it. Basically it would put the corpse in the pawns inventory.

Canute

QuoteCan someone explain this to me? See the attached images and explain to me how the actions are as they are. He can prioritize hauling the corpse, but can not pick up because of too heavy???
If you didn't notice it allready.
It is gamemechanic.
You can haul anything and weight doesn't matter. It is more volume thing. How many a pawn can haul depend on bodysize,race,health and maybe something else. Most healthy human's can carry a stack of 75, sometimes a pawn can haul more (carry capacity over 75) but most stack got the size of 75, you need to haul something like hay to notice it.
Otherhand, missing hand/arm lower the carry capacity.
Don't forget hauling don't mean you carry the stuff on your hands, it is mosttimes to push or drag something behind you, even when the game display it different and you don't have any movement penalty.
And yes, these mechanic got discuss many times allready at the forum, sorry didn't found any topic's but many people mention that they can haul elephans or thrumbo (corpses or living) around without breaking their spine ! :-)

Carry stuff at the inventory is a new thing, mostly came from mods at previous versions.
Ofcouse you can carry a corpse, mosttimes it is easy to carry 2-3 hare corpse for hunters (to bad pickup&haul don't let do them automatical).
But you forget to made a picture from the information of the corpse you wanted to haul. Human corpses are 60kg, and since the human's only can carry 35kg they never would be able to carry human corpses or thrumbo ones.

RedPine

You should be able to haul regardless of weight, as long as their is a valid hauling destination.  Make sure there is a hauling destination that permits human corpses regardless of being rotten, and make sure all haulers are zoned such that they can access said hauling zone. 

Make sure the pawns you want to haul are set to haul.

You should NOT be able to manually pick up corpses regardless of weight, as permanently making things part of your gear list relies on weight/volume limits.

If this is not the case, you have a bug to report, but most likely you messed up one of your zones somehow.