Started by Cassey, November 04, 2013, 09:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassey

Could you create an information only thread where you tell us:

1)  What should be working
2)  What you know isn't functional yet, but will be by Beta
3)  What is likely to be added "soon"
4)  Known bugs

This would really assist us in helping you with tracking bugs, since we would not report known ones, or report as bugs things we suspect just haven't been implemented yet (like adding visitor to the crew)

Semmy

There are some bugtesters from the group before alpha who keep an eye on what bugs are reported and wich arent.
If everybody uses the search button and scrolls through the bugsection of the forum it should be fine.

About what is going to be added i think that tynan doesnt actually have a roadmap.
He has stated that for instance stockpiles and cooking will come as one of the first things together with modding support.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

starlight

Quote from: Semmy on November 05, 2013, 02:01:21 AM
There are some bugtesters from the group before alpha who keep an eye on what bugs are reported and wich arent.
If everybody uses the search button and scrolls through the bugsection of the forum it should be fine.

About what is going to be added i think that tynan doesnt actually have a roadmap.
He has stated that for instance stockpiles and cooking will come as one of the first things together with modding support.

Any serious software development benefits from a bug tracking software. There is, of course, some overhead involved in setting it up, but that effort is well worth it.

Forum tracking of bugs tends to get messy and requires micro-management.

While the decision is obviously Tynan's it would help to get Mantis (or any of the regular softwares). It really saves times in tracking duplicates.

ADOM, DF and quite a few others have bug tracking software.

While not extremely urgent, with the user base shooting up after the Kickstarter releases are made  (around 10K) it will smooth things up.

Cassey

I don't want to gloss over my point about having a consolidated list, maintained by the author, where replies are not allowed.  e.g.  One place a client can BookMark to see if something is behaving in a known manor.   That includes fully functional features, like "Comms is functional", "Rescuing is functional".  This is really important for the new player who needs to figure out the mechanics and doesn't know if its simply a pre-alpha (and this is ONE HELL of a great Pre-Alpha), or a mechanics thing they need to figure out.   Sure don't want to lose people in their first few hours of playing.

enystrom8734

Quote from: Cassey on November 05, 2013, 09:39:40 AM
I don't want to gloss over my point about having a consolidated list, maintained by the author, where replies are not allowed.  e.g.  One place a client can BookMark to see if something is behaving in a known manor.   That includes fully functional features, like "Comms is functional", "Rescuing is functional".  This is really important for the new player who needs to figure out the mechanics and doesn't know if its simply a pre-alpha (and this is ONE HELL of a great Pre-Alpha), or a mechanics thing they need to figure out.   Sure don't want to lose people in their first few hours of playing.
Quote from: Cassey on November 05, 2013, 09:39:40 AM

Let me direct you to:

http://rimworldwiki.com/List_of_known_bugs
http://rimworldwiki.com/Version
http://rimworldwiki.com/

These will be filling up eventually. Everything else can be found on the wiki as well.
E Nystrom - @enystrom8734