Fixed Gun Emplacements

Started by Lost Cause, August 20, 2014, 01:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lost Cause

It would be really nice to be able to place some kind of fortified block which can't be moved through but which provides cover and allowed a single weapon is added to it permanently. Something like... say... a minigun, just to pick something off the top of my head. >.>
That way any colonist can man the fortification and receive cover as if they were behind a solid wall or minimally a sandbag and make use of the weapon in the emplacement rather than whatever they are carrying.
This would make base defense easier and allow colonists to be equipped with hunting/sniping weapons and still make use of proper full on combat burst weapons when a raid comes without having to run to the armory first.
Maybe the fixed position even provides a boost to aim or faster second times ^.^;
It doesn't matter how many arms a colonist has as long as one of them is a Minigun!

EmmaWayne

mg nest is what you mean?!
manual mortars are in the game so i think there will be more like this.

research tree:
sandbags --> mg nest --> automatic mg --> scifi plasmalauncher --> orbital strike (last 2 offtopic^^)

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

Haplo

I'm working on a weapon base that can be equiped with a free weapon of your choice.
Give me a few more days to do some final tweaking ;)

MajorFordson

Hmmm, is there currently an aim bonus conferred by cover?

Obviously weapons like grenades and pistols are moot, but a colonist up against a wall or sandbags should certainly get an aim bonus because they can steady their weapon.

Having a set up/down for heavily, automatic weapons would be cool.

bobucles

There are several mods that provide useful gun nests for your guys to kick ass with.

However, gun nests do not appear to use their operator's gun skill. They use the gun's stats, which can provide some crazy good aim.