Boomalope on fire does not extinguish under rain

Started by Kaiser09, November 09, 2021, 04:46:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaiser09

So I am playing for the first time in year in a tropical region with a lot of rain, that's why I am seeing a lot of new things I never noticed before I was playing in boreal forests.

For example, I am usually killing boomalope when it's raining (for obvious reason) but, after the explosion of the beloved animal, the rain does extinguishes the fire around the boomalope only and not the one in the boomalope itself which consume the animal until it disappears. Why?

The workaround has to be to set a base area there and then send the hunter to kill the fire, then remove the are, a little bit too mechanic.

Canute

Not sure if you play with mods (that maybe change some mechanics) or got another issue.
I just tried it myself, made a new colony at boreal.
Change the weather to rain
Spawn a few boomalope's far away from each other.
Killed them and boom.
None of these corpse vanish from burning, the fire goes out like neightbour fires too.

Kaiser09

No mods at all, I'm using both DLC at last update, It already happened twice in the same game.

That's weird, I wanted show you guys this issue, same game, I killed a boomalope under rain and took a screenshot, but after few seconds the fire got extingued.

If it happen again I'll post a screen.

Canute

Don't forget to made a savegame ! :-)
Then it is maybe a case for the bugs section.

Ukas

A late comment but fuel (left from for example a molotov cocktail) will burn a while longer even if it's raining. I might be wrong but I think if a boomalope explodes it will spread a few spots of chemfuel around or under its body, which then might have burned a bit longer. Maybe this happened here?