[1.3.3] The game won't start

Started by Fuzzy_Wuzzy, December 27, 2021, 02:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzy_Wuzzy

Hello.
In the morning I started the game, everything was fine. Closer to lunch, start the game, and it just hangs during the initialization of the interface. I completely reinstall the game - did not help. I waited an hour, and no result. What could be the problem?

I don't have any mods. Vanilla game. I just go into the game, first comes the "Initialization" window, then "Initialize interface" and that's it. Infinite loading. When you advised me to delete the file, it helped, but the next time I boot up it hangs again.

After deleting modsconfig.xml in %localappdata%low\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\Config the game starts, but on the next boot the same error.

Player.log - https://imgur.com/a/slo4tBQ

Canute

Hi,
looks like your mashine got a driver update before you close for lunch and the new drive don't like to work well anymore with the unity engine.
When anything worked fine before, i suggest you try to get older driver.
Not sure how you got the driver update, from the nvidia too or windows update, but you should disable that.

Fuzzy_Wuzzy

No, I didn't get a driver update. There are no new drivers for my video card, the last update was in 2016. And I have Windows updates turned off, too.

Canute

The only thing i can say, Rimworld got problems to open DirectX.
You need to search at that part for the problem, the Rimworld installation looks fine so far.