Good bye alpha 6 colony, i hardly knew ye...

Started by OpposingForces, August 18, 2014, 03:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OpposingForces

the colony started off fine (base builder, casual difficulty), a few small raids. we grew and prospered. there was mayor, phd, dead eye, green thumb, miner, preacher. preacher was the first to die. caught a stray bullet in a raid. he had no business being near there since he refused to fire a weapon. he was a good medic could've used him later when both phd and the mayor got their legs shot off. once i realized they would never get out of bed again i had to do what was best for the colony and put both of them outta their misery. then came a fateful day when an ai core dropped from the sky, finally we could finish our ship and get of this planet we called altair, but it wasn't to be. inside the core we found 3 mechanoids armed with heavy charge cannons, we killed two but the third barely still working wiped us all out in one blast. what a sad day. nearly a year on this rock and almost off of it. only to bleed out with my friends in the scrub brush at the end of a mechanoid cannon.

PS. i think tynan needs to take another pass on the ai core event. seems to be way overpowered. my guys barely had any skill with weapons and weak armor and weapons and still the game sent three mechanoids at them. was fun though. :D
No one can hear you scream in space. But the Raiders get a chuckle from you screaming while a boomrat eats you.

milon

Mortars.  Mortars and snipers.  ;)

PS - Awesome avatar pic!

DaTMan

Lol, i had exactly the same problem, but my crashed ship part spawned 23 mechanoids (pretty much half centipedes and half sythers) :'( so, i was kind of screwed...

And, unless Ty just wants to see an unlucky few of us to suffer, i suggests he puts a cap on the amount of mechanoids that can spawn  :-\

RIP Kermit, Rayban and their Comrades on the Planet We Landed(ish).
Both my eyes are out, but I CAN STILL COOK!
-Kermit 2014

Splinterbee

Quote from: DaTMan on August 18, 2014, 04:22:17 PM
Lol, i had exactly the same problem, but my crashed ship part spawned 23 mechanoids (pretty much half centipedes and half sythers) :'( so, i was kind of screwed...

And, unless Ty just wants to see an unlucky few of us to suffer, i suggests he puts a cap on the amount of mechanoids that can spawn  :-\

RIP Kermit, Rayban and their Comrades on the Planet We Landed(ish).
wow... Mine only had 2 scythes with very basic weapons. I had it land on day 48
Video games, are pretty good