Visitors using "Forbidden" doors

Started by Yoshida Keiji, November 15, 2021, 11:20:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoshida Keiji

I haven`t played the game in a year or two, and I`m seeing two expansions... yet... some basic issues still remain... even after this long...

I have a Manhunter pack of Panthers, held by my City Walls, and on the opposite side of my base, a pair of Visitors. The duo decides to leave back to home... and in which direction do they exit? Well... you guess it... They traverse the entire length of my base to go in the very same direction of the Manhunter pack. I have forbidden the gates so my own pawns don`t open it... but Visitors don`t give a shit and let the whole pack into my base while the knocked down Visitor lays on top of the door for all Panthers to get in...

Since the official release of 1.0 to November of 2021... I was hoping these things would have been solved by now...

I see the addition of the Pen Marker, for animals to have fences beyond just a zone dedicated for the same old purpose which makes sense, as an invisible barrier to hold them off didn`t quite make sense.

I need a Pen Marker for foreign caravans and visitors as well. You just don`t have outsiders roaming wherever they want in your home, but designated areas to trade and so on...

Royalty and Ideology instead? Not appealing...

Alenerel

I had this happen too. What would be a very easy raid, became into a nightmare of pouring raiders through a door held open by an idiot's corpse

Ukas

If you have limited number of doors to outside world, just build a piece of wall inside in front of those doors, that will keep visitors or colonists with mental breaks inside your base. Then just remove them after the manhunters have left or if you want go fight them.

There is a trading spot mod, that's very useful if you want to keep the visitors and caravans in some certain area.