How did you hear about RimWorld?

Started by longbyte1, August 18, 2014, 08:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bjo0rn

Goldberger

I'm not so sure but back when i discovered rimworld was when i tried to find good indie games so i think google gave me link to someone or kickstarter page or something similiar. After i discovered the title i went to find it on youtube and i just loved the game instantly. Can't remember who were the first one i saw playing, could be Ivan Criativ. The moment i noticed that i enjoy watching a game lets play talked by russian and i had no idea what he was talking about i bought this game :D

minami26

from the Towns forum. D: i miss towns T_T

Snownova

From googling something along the lines of "space colony building games"

K.LINE

If I'm not mistaken the first place I saw the game was on youtube, SilverDragonLord's channel I believe. He had a let's play and I was like yeah, this game is right up my alley.

MuscularTeeth

it was mentioned on internode forum. so i bought it. then i told my mate about it - he bought a copy. then i wrote a short summary of my latest colony and i think 3-4 other people ended up buying it too on internode.

Damien Hart

Quote from: minami26 on August 19, 2014, 08:54:33 AM
from the Towns forum. D: i miss towns T_T

Towns: what not to do in game development.

PullMull

i buyed Spacebase DF9 and was a little disapointed.
so i just googled for another " colony sim".. and that was all i needed to get one of the best game of the year :)

p.s. Spacebase DF9 isnt bad at all... but Rimworld is WAYYYY better

ApexPredator

Randomly came across it on Kickstarter while looking for games and pledged.

Snownova

Quote from: PullMull on August 20, 2014, 12:48:00 AM
so i just googled for another " colony sim".. and that was all i needed to get one of the best game of the year :)

Agreed, DF9 has great potential, but they are really, really slow on updates, especially compared to Tynan.

Damien Hart

Quote from: Snownova on August 20, 2014, 03:27:40 AM
Quote from: PullMull on August 20, 2014, 12:48:00 AM

Agreed, DF9 has great potential, but they are really, really slow on updates, especially compared to Tynan.

I think Tynan's set the bar too high. No one else can keep up!

Dr. Z

German game testing TV-show called "Game One" made a video on their internet site and I knew I'm gonna buy this when I saw the title picture (the one you see in the background of the ludeon blog).
Prasie the Squirrel!

SkepticaL

Twitch tv one of the streamers i watch played the game nm to say

Fun game

Fernbhoy

Mathas and Enterelysium back in the days of pre-Alpha

vagineer1

I think I got Rimworld after watching a letsplay of it of MathasGaming's Youtube channel. I decided to check it out and here I am today.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.