Quest message bug

Started by Divusmors, November 20, 2021, 08:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Divusmors

Got an Ideology relic quest, it's a subquest of one of the main quests. The quest message is bugged out, showing code for names and pronouns instead of using the names and pronouns. I made a copy of the save if you need it.

Canute

Hi,
could you please read "How to report a bug" and give some more informations.
Log file (which would show the RW version too)  as file attachment and maybe savegame.

Divusmors

Circumstances are I'm playing a vanilla (no mod) game with royalty and ideology. Started the relic quests a few years after getting my base up and running. When the next quest came up, the ancient structure one, the quest message was bugged out with incomplete data. I was able to still do the quest, however it would not mark as completed even though the site disappeared.

The zippyshare with the savefile is https://www25.zippyshare.com/v/5Rk8l9Dc/file.html

I did try to resolve it through devmode, seeing if I could force complete or delete the quest, but didn't see a way to. Since I had gone through the quest, I continued playing as I made the original post. Sorry if that causes problems with the log file, which is attached.

Canute

You play with
could you please update the game to the latest version and check if anything change.

Divusmors

Steam does not seem to have any update for it. Under the updates section, says the installed content was updated Oct 23, 2021. Otherwise, nothing else is listed anywhere about an update, nor am I seeing anything on the website listing updates.

Canute

That can't be true, even the DRM-free version got 3162 and steam is mosttimes ahead.
Check if you arn't at a fixed beta build or try out the unstable/beta build if they allready fixed these quests.

StlyAu

When you're on the title screen, what is the version number in the upper left corner?

Ark

Quote from: Canute on November 21, 2021, 08:36:57 AM
That can't be true, even the DRM-free version got 3162 and steam is mosttimes ahead.
A sidenote:
"1.3.3162 is the exact same as 1.3.3159, just built for other storefronts."
--Cynapse, RimWorld official development Discord #misc-development 2021-11-03
https://discord.com/channels/684960023020961812/685021626160381972/905285534551781376

Divusmors

1.3.3159. I do not see a steam update, not even if I try to force one. Suppose maybe steam has a weird setup on the game update system, like less populated places are slower on the system update? I couldn't tell you. But thanks for all the help, all the same.

Canute

Sorry my mistake.
I though that steam allready got a higher version number but that's only for the unstable branch.

Divusmors

No worries. If the game breaks, I can always start over. :) I just hope to prevent others from getting it too by bringing it to your attention is all.

Pheanox

Thank you very much for the attached save with the generic tags, especially with the provided save. I am going to add this to our list of saves that have this issue so our devs can continue researching this.