Request for map editor or preferably map preview button.

Started by Vampire Cannibal Cavecult, December 04, 2021, 03:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vampire Cannibal Cavecult

Maybe I'm too picky. I've spent as much as a week full time looking for a suitable colony site.

I have very specific desires. A valley north to south. With a river in the middle and a coastline to the south. The only map access on the north edge and mountains blocking east and west.

I found this once in A17. We had a wall to the north with 500 zombies on the otherside crammed into a very small space. This made attempted raids hilarious. Except the odd annoying drop pod raid.

It was the most enjoyable game ever toiling away in our mountain fortress with a private beach, that foursome odd reason mechinoids enjoyed landing on, while the rest of the world was ravaged by zombies.

Then the next update and life in paradise was ruined.

Back in A14 or A15 it was easy to find at least a serviceable approximation of this dream map with a mere 2 or 3 days looking.

It seems like with each update these types of maps become harder and harder to find.

Now all the river deltas are flatland and its possible to load multiple maps in a row without even a single tile that could even possibly be a river valley opening into the sea.

What happened to river valleys opening to the sea???

It would be nice to have a more streamlined process to spawn hunting. A back button from the landing screen, for instance.

Even better would be the ability to preview tiles.... we are, for the most part, coming from orbit. This should be possible.

But even that ideal solution doesn't alleviate the fact that those tile have become unicorns.

Help!!!!! I wanna play the game not this constant click fest.

Thank you for your time.

Ukas

Have you tried these mods?

With Map Reroll mod you can randomize your map endlessly, see thumbnails of the maps, then choose one to see how it looks like in reality, and if you don't like it then just reroll again...

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=761315214

Save Maps mod is for those maps you'd like to play again

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2543713263

Bozobub

This kind of thing is likely to forever remain the province of mods, frankly.
Thanks, belgord!