i'm searching for a battlerealms/folktale + banished/black&white hybrid game

Started by keylocke, September 22, 2014, 02:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keylocke

^title :

can you guys recommend one?

basically i want the large scale PvP and PvE (AI) battles that starcraft and battlerealms had, but i also want some of the survival aspects of the game Banished/Folktale/Black&White.

* i want people to grow hungry, tired, sick, crazy, injured, etc..

* simplified function-based city building similar to Banished/Folktale/Black&White (ie : a barracks can hold 20 soldiers for sleeping, a mess hall can hold 20 people for eating, a greenhouse farm can produce 40 units of food per day, each person eats twice a day, etc..)

* i was also thinking of how the game Black&White handled their "influence ring", where players can only build stuff within their own influence rings. (but players can still command troops and maybe gigantic "Avatars" similar to the giant creatures in Black&White outside of that ring)

* maybe this influence ring can grow based on the number of colonists + wealth starting from the center of your spawn point. this influence ring can also get smaller if you lose too many colonists or lose too much wealth/buildings.

* be aware of areas that are influenced by a hostile force or "contested" areas that are covered by multiple influence rings from other factions. anyone can build/grief there.

* i like the changing seasons in Banished. i also like the fact that each person eventually grows old, dies, make babies, etc..

* players don't have to attack the other colonies. they can just trade or ally with them.

* similar to how starcraft/battlerealms do it. the game can either have premade maps. or just create map-generating algorithms specifically designed for the number of players for a map (ie : the map-generator will place each colony into different edges of the map and equi-distant from each other's starting point. then it will provide equal amount of resources near their spawn points. other features of the terrain can then be randomly generated, based on chosen tilesets)

* i want it to have decent artstyle (not necessarily) but definitely a big plus.
--------------------------

anyways, those are the core features i'm looking for.

please post any recommendations if you know of a game similar to this, or if you know of an indie dev currently working on something similar.  thanks ;D