Broken save without reason

Started by Kaiser09, December 11, 2021, 03:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaiser09

Disaster, my long last game seems broken. I saved last time yesterday, I'm not using any mods but I have both expansions, today when I tried load the game I got a message that the map could not be loaded and then the log in the screenshot.

Canute

Hi,
looks like a corrput savegame after line 195231.
Did you turn of the mashine at the savegame process or does the power turn off at the savegame process ?

But you know at the savegame folder is another file with the same name but other ending, just rename the .old into .rws and you can load it.

Kaiser09

Quote from: Canute on December 11, 2021, 03:54:28 PM
Hi,
looks like a corrput savegame after line 195231.
Did you turn of the mashine at the savegame process or does the power turn off at the savegame process ?

But you know at the savegame folder is another file with the same name but other ending, just rename the .old into .rws and you can load it.

Hi Canute, I do not remember very well, but if it can be helpful for someone else in the future, yes, something like that, I was in a hurry so I saved (commitment mode) and once the game back to the desktop I fast turned off my pc (it's very fast, take less than 2s to turn off), maybe the save wasn't properly saved till the last line. I think something related to windows update also as there was an update ongoing that day and now the win search bar does not work...

Anyway, I renamed the .old save in .rws and I was able to load the previous save at least, thank you buddy.