Weekly Report

Started by Kalesin, September 21, 2013, 03:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalesin

In many games are doing, there a strategy that I really like is to make a weekly report, if is possible the same day (eg game to Kerbal Space Program, and every Tuesday report the news, they have done, if they can gain some pictures or art, ... also "Toady One" is posting (if I remember correctly) on Friday that news has made or work in Dwarf Fortress)

Keep the community informed, eager for news and discussion topic is given until next week when the euphoria of the first novelty wears.

Tynan

It's a good idea. I definitely want to keep people informed of what's going on.

During the Kickstarter you can count on me putting out a lot more info on the game as well. Things might be a tiny bit quiet on the lead up, just because I'm focusing on getting everything ready and the game isn't changing much. Sorry about that.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Yarkista

Quote from: Tynan on September 21, 2013, 03:13:52 PM
It's a good idea. I definitely want to keep people informed of what's going on.

During the Kickstarter you can count on me putting out a lot more info on the game as well. Things might be a tiny bit quiet on the lead up, just because I'm focusing on getting everything ready and the game isn't changing much. Sorry about that.

No problem, just do what you think will be best for the game man.

Kalesin

It is normal that you can not comment or say much now, and more if you work start Kickstarter campaign, go October awaits. I encourage.

xTAMERx

an development page/forum would be nice

what has been done and what have to be done etc

Jakadasnake

Quote from: Kalesin on September 21, 2013, 03:03:29 PM
In many games are doing, there a strategy that I really like is to make a weekly report, if is possible the same day (eg game to Kerbal Space Program, and every Tuesday report the news, they have done, if they can gain some pictures or art, ... also "Toady One" is posting (if I remember correctly) on Friday that news has made or work in Dwarf Fortress)

Keep the community informed, eager for news and discussion topic is given until next week when the euphoria of the first novelty wears.

The only problem I have with this is that you're asking one guy to develop this game AND take the time out of coding that it would require to publish a weekly report. This, on top of whatever additional workload happens as typical business requirement. I could be biased. I just know I hate having to work AND write reports on all the work I'm doing. If this gets to the point where he works from more of an administrative perspective, it'd be a ton more practical.

starlight

Quote from: Jakadasnake on September 24, 2013, 02:09:46 AM
Quote from: Kalesin on September 21, 2013, 03:03:29 PM

The only problem I have with this is that you're asking one guy to develop this game AND take the time out of coding that it would require to publish a weekly report. This, on top of whatever additional workload happens as typical business requirement. I could be biased. I just know I hate having to work AND write reports on all the work I'm doing. If this gets to the point where he works from more of an administrative perspective, it'd be a ton more practical.

I dont mind if the frequency of the reports is less. It could be once in 15 days or once a month.
Does not even need to be scheduled.

What I do think is important is that whenever it does happen, it talks about development made, and the future focus.
Helps keep people excited about what's coming up and focuses user suggestions in the forums on stuff that is being developed rather than all kinds of ideas which may quite well be brilliant but will not be coded for months.

Leird

I like the idea of a status update every month or so, to see what has been implemented in the game and what he plans on adding next. Would also make it easier to give suggestions/idea's on what we all would like to see added to the game.