More modular solar panels

Started by AteAtTable, June 25, 2018, 11:09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AteAtTable

right now solar panels and wind generators don't line up, which can really trigger my inner utopian/dystopian colony manager. Solar panels cost two components, what if a solar panel cost one component and half the steel, was half the size, and generated half the power (or something very similar to this). for example, if solar panels were changed to be a 3 by 3 and wind generators were six wide (I like my large power generation structures) This would solve this problem. where this idea has bigger potential, however, is the increased ability to establish power outposts. Smaller solar generators can more feasibly be moved so if you have a deep drill outside your base, you could reinstall a couple of these by that. (maybe wind power should be able to be reinstalled too, but that is beyond the scope here, maybe be able to semi-deconstruct it into 3 movable component parts like blades and pole then reconstruct it, but I don't really know how that would affect the game. Anyways, Thanks!

nhatanh0475

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.
I want to revive old idea.
Also yeah it would be nice if we have modular solar panels. It give us the change to fill out empty space in the base so no single squares are wasted.
Also how about Solar panel on the roof? Even when we already have a mods for it, I would like to see it in Vanilla. I want to power my whole army of ship flee.