[1.3.3200] Colonist kills enemy pawn after tending him

Started by amedos, December 30, 2021, 01:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amedos

1. Let raid be triggered
2. Attack enemy colonist, down him but not kill him
3. Order colonist to tend downed enemy colonist
4. After tending drafted colonist hits enemy colonist

I'm not sure what is happening, is that possible enemy colonist is getting up? If yes, we should have time to react, to make a decision or add some 5-10 seconds before tended enemy colonists wakes up.

Canute

Hi,
do you play with mods ?
Because i don't think you can tend an enemy pawn without imprison him first.

Ark

Happened to me yesterday, too. Enemy got up right after tending. Field tend is drafted only, and drafted pawns automatically melee attack enemies.

It's base game since 1.3.
https://docs.google.com/document/u/1/d/e/2PACX-1vRsxUoc5eA1dqi0nrMKxCuN8nt0So7_qvwwkkiyug6SLyjgJFNEu0XGBmQ7aCb9xgdnfy0t5CSkbPyL/pub

amedos

@Canute

If you draft colonist you can Tend downed pawn (even enemy one)

Canute

I see i see,
i see the advance of tending an enemy if you like to take him as prisoner afterwards.
But then i would queue the orders, 1-2 times tending to lower the blood loose and then imprison him.

But Pheanox should put that issue at the list of suggestions, that tended enemies should be treaten like what ?
As enemy,fleeing enemy, fleeing/escaping prisoner they all get attacked once the tending is finished he the enemy are able to walk.
Neutral, but then they need to have a special status so they can be arrested without consequence.

Or expand the tending on enemy into tending and imprison.

Edit: another idea is, after tending an enemy, the enemy turn into a released prisoner and leave the map and give similar standing effect when he was released from prison.

Ark

The field tend mechanic allows you to capture more enemies than before, so I consider these rare events acceptable losses.
Besides some people do choose death over getting captured.
There's also a death on downed mechanic that is adjustable under custom storyteller settings and depends on the storyteller population intent.
So the dude you downed survived the death on downed roll once, but failed the roll and died when you hit him with a wet rag after tending.

nnubnubnub

I've encountered this too.  Some thoughts that come to mind:
- This tends to happen most frequently when the enemy pawn has lost a body part, especially a limb.  A destroyed part causes lots of pain (and blood loss), but, when tended, immediately changes to zero pain; this large jump in pain can easily take it from >80% to <80%, the normal pain shock threshold.  For anyone who wants to reproduce the scenario, and possibly try the below experiments (which I haven't tested), this seems like one of the best ways.
- What happens if you queue up "tend, then move away"?  I would guess that's one way to avoid the automatic melee hit, though not something a player would naturally do.
- What happens if you disable "fire at will", and then do the tending?  Might be another solution, and probably the most player-natural one.

Pheanox

I'll put this in my doc for a review to make sure all is going as intended, though if you are draft tending and not imprisoning immediately, it only make sense that the pawn would attack a still hostile, non-prisoner pawn.  I think Ark is correct in stating the benefits outweigh the losses.  Either way, I'll suggest a second pass at the system.