Can we have Unclean?

Started by Lost Cause, August 19, 2014, 01:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lost Cause

I mean unclean as in people who's job it is to do the task to filthy for moral and decent folk to touch.
My best crating colonist had 18 levels in craft but was a Very Neurotic Pacifist and what drove me nuts was they they had a mental break 3 separate times in the first year and every time it was because they started doing cremation and I couldn't tell them not to do that if I wanted them to use their craft skill.
I couldn't let the crafter have any hauling jobs either because hauling prioritizes bodies above all else.
Can anything and everything to do with corpses be put into its own separate tab in the jobs list so you can actually tell the Iron-Willed Optimist and only that Iron-Willed Optimist to go haul and burn the few dozen rotting corpses of their former friends which have been boiling in the sun for a few days while everyone else just gathered up the potatoes in the fields leaving the super craftier producing an endless stream of stone blocks to repair the now gaping holes in the front wall?
please?
It doesn't matter how many arms a colonist has as long as one of them is a Minigun!

Rahjital

I'd rather have work tables be assignable like beds. By default, everybody could use them, but if you assigned somebody yourself, only that person would be allowed to use the worktable now. That would allow having dedicated cooks and butchers, cremators who don't care about any actual crafting and so on.

Damien Hart

So basically and undertaker job for all things corpses.

I also agree with Rahjital, assigning crafting stations would be a useful feature.

Lost Cause

Along with the ability to prioritize hauling tasks the way you want. That would be nice all right.
It doesn't matter how many arms a colonist has as long as one of them is a Minigun!