[suggestion] Allow players to craft vegetarian survival meals

Started by Xeonzs, January 12, 2022, 11:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xeonzs

Hi everyone, my first post on the forums, please be gentle.

Since 1.3.3074 (https://steamcommunity.com/games/294100/announcements/detail/2996567911638217535) there were new visuals introduced for foods, green if they were vegetarian and red if it contained meats.
Since then also raiders carry on them and traders offer for sale vegetarian survival meals, just made with plant ingredients (no meat or animal products) as can be seen in the ones that I have stored in my freezer (captured / purchased)
We are however unable to make those ourselves because the survival meal order on kitchen benches requires both plant and meat, even though the game can obviously differentiate between carnivore, mixxed and vegetarian since 1.3.3074.

Please allow survival meals to be made with just vegetarian ingredients as well, since the item is already in the base game since 1.3.3074

PS, I know my game is modded, but this is regarding a vanilla feature, hope that's okay.

Ark

Use plants and animal products. Also devs don't read this forum.

Xeonzs

I understand this an option, but the point I was trying to make more, is that you can see the meal is completely plant-based in the screenshot, so the game supports it, because raiders carry them and traders sell them.

Which means that if I have a mountain base with hydroponics and no animals I should be able to craft the fully plant-based survival meals, because they already exist in the game, but right now we're limited to indeed using plants and animals products if we want to make it vegetarian.

Edit: I know I could just ask for a mod commission, but I believe this is something that should be in the base game, considering the purely plant based survival meals already exist in the game now.