What do you "haul" first after you defeat a raid?

Started by Yoshida Keiji, January 15, 2022, 06:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoshida Keiji

For some unknown reason, pawns prioritize burying enemy corpses over looting. This awkwardness reminds me of the past versions when the game was designed for pawns assigned for construction to prioritize Repairs over Building new structures which lead to difficulties to deal with mechanoid ship parts and their protectors.

When I defeat a raid, I want to first:

1-. Loot their weapons and armor if they are downed and not dead.
2.- Whatever nice inventory they were carrying like neutroamine, medicines, drugs.
3.- and lastly bury their corpses, since their deterioration is irrelevant.

However the game design somehow inverts the preference. Why?

Ark

Hauling covers many different jobs. You could use Fluffy's WorkTab. https://github.com/fluffy-mods/WorkTab https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=725219116
Or you could change priorityInType of HaulCorpses in Data/Core/Defs/WorkGiverDefs/WorkGivers.xml from 90 to 12, which puts it below HaulGeneral.
That way other stuff gets hauled before corpses. This includes animal corpses. Bricks will be hauled to a normal stockpile before a deer corpse gets hauled to a critical stockpile. To fix that I think you'd have to mess with WorkGiver_HaulGeneral in C# to specifically allow non-human corpses.
Hunters will still haul their prey as usual.
Image of Write Work Settings of debug view settings attached.
As to why? Corpses are perishable goods.

Yoshida Keiji

Wonderful answer, beyond my expectations. However as someone with zero understanding of modding, I would just wish an ingame drop bar option to sort priorities manually like everything else in the game.

Canute

Why do you think the corpse get hauled first ?
Ok for you they are garbage, and you made enough graves from them.
But they are a valueable resouces too. Feeding some animals with them. Or if your overall mood can take some hits, butcher corpses for meat for kibble and leather for your crafter for selling.
That why hauling corpse are first before hauling other stuff. A corpse rot in 3 days, while weapon/appareal in 3 days only lost a few HPs.
Not to speak about that your other pawn's don't get the Observed corpse mood anymore.

Sirportalez

Quote from: Canute on January 16, 2022, 03:37:30 AM
Not to speak about that your other pawn's don't get the Observed corpse mood anymore.

Correct, and those stack!

Alenerel

Quote from: Yoshida Keiji on January 15, 2022, 10:52:49 PM
Wonderful answer, beyond my expectations. However as someone with zero understanding of modding, I would just wish an ingame drop bar option to sort priorities manually like everything else in the game.

You really should learn how to get mods since it will add a lot of stuff. Just for quality of life mods, its already worth it. Its really easy, just click on subscribe in steam to a mod, then enable it in the game.

About your specific question. The thing is that in this specific settig you want that order, but in other settings you might want another different order... So there is no universal answer. There is a mod called allowtool, that adds a haul urgently job, so you can tag what you want to get hauled asap.