RimWorld Needs Steam Achievements!

Started by SIR.Colloseus, January 19, 2022, 03:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SIR.Colloseus

Hello, in the middle of the night while I was sleeping I had a bad feeling that I couldn't have achievements in RimWorld, it's kind of funny because I never paid attention to this detail because all the games I bought have achievements, so why wouldn't RimWorld have it, right? ... I spent the whole night wondering if it was worth my time to play a game that didn't have achievements, I felt kind of weird... So during the day I ran after I got home from work and went straight to steam to check it out...

MY GOD!!! WHERE ARE THE ACHIEVEMENTS?? NOOOO! did I never pay attention to this???, it can't be!!, RIMWORLD NEEDS TO HAVE ACHIEVEMENTS URGENTLY! It's not possible! Please ludeon studios, put at least 50 very challenging and creative achievements in RimWorld for the love of my time playing it, I want to see my colorful achievement comics!

Seriously Ludeon Studios, put achievements in RimWorld, please... I don't want to play a game where you can't see my achievements... 😪😖😞

SpaceCows

I don't really agree. I don't think achievements would make this game more meaningful. The game is inherently non-linear — it doesn't want box you into a specific pathway. You don't have to play X way, just play your way.

I've heard stories of people playing hundreds of hours and never launching a ship. Their gameplay is as legitimate as legitimate as anyone else's, and I don't think Ludeon should push them to change ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yoshida Keiji

I haven't launched a single ship after the introduction of "Advanced Components" aka unnecessary pain in the arse when there's nothing left to do but grind nonsensically. If I see a Steam Achievement like that I will have to go meet Colloseus personally.

Sirportalez

But why?
Those Achievements have no meaning and no worth.